Sunday, August 25, 2013

tis' miserablly miserable...

I am not one to tell of  my own foolishness. But I am ready for some sympathy, so it's time to tell about an unexpected side effect of a harmless little endeavor yesterday. I'm pretty sure there's a moral in this somewhere, I'll just need an objective eye to discern what the educational benefit should be.

I like the idea of laundry hanging on the clothesline. Growing up in the era of everyone putting clothes out on the line to dry, I must have hung miles of laundry on the line, and brought in hundreds of dry items of clothing, a required chore as a kid. When my own little people appeared, grew to the age of backyard fun,  I thought there should be a fence to keep them from rolling down the hill and into the creek. I also requested a clothesline, to hang out wet laundry. Love the feel and smell of sheets, pillowcases and towels that have dried out in the sunshine and open air. Love crunchy crisp clothes when they have that wonderful outdoors/sunshine aroma.

But have sadly found myself moving laundry from the washer to the adjacent clothes dryer, and onto hangers. Completely skipping that out the back door step. Rarely even thinking: 'hmmmm, I'll just take this damp stuff and clothespins and trek out in the back yard'. But on occasion will take some item that might just need a breath of fresh air out and let it sun on the line for several hours.  This I did yesteday with bedding.

And bedding got full of redbugs while hanging on the line. I spent the night scratching. Miserably miserable.

I have more bug bites than I can count. So many that it would not even be any fun to play connect the dots. I have scratched and scratched and scratched. And applied lots of lotion, then go right back to scratching. Thinking of the friend, when her kids would get bug bits, she would say 'just pat it', when nothing is as gratifying as ripping the skin right off.

Needless to say, after a day at work, I came straight home and started washing bedding, putting things in the dryer. Hoping to sizzle the bite out of the redbugs, that have become bed bugs. I am still scratching. I even hope some of the bites are from fireants, that might have happened while I was working the the yard yesterday.Pretty certain the vast majority of the dozens and dozens of little red dots, raised into welts I have all over my legs and personal places are those uninvited, unwanted, aggravating, invisible chiggers.

Funny, sort of.... Especially if it did not happen to you.Aggravatingly aggravating:  Oh, my - Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment