Tuesday, April 16, 2013

watching the world go by...

I went out walking late yesterday afternoon. After puttering around in the yard, planting, watering, muddling about, I nearly let it get too late to go walking. But have been trying to get in a couple of miles every day when I am not so exhausted from work the motivation isn't there. So it was about 8:15 before I started down the street, and trying to get back home before it got completely dark.

I noticed there was not a cloud in the sky - perfectly clear. The narrow crescent of the moon was in the western sky, up about 70 degrees, bright white. And a couple of stars nearby that were so bright with the sun not yet set, they were most likely planets.  The sun began to lower, and the sky, still completely cloudless, turned from a cerulean blue to a rich magenta. More stars became visible as it got darker - with a beautiful day turning into a beautiful night.

So thankful for the awareness of God's creation, and the common, ordinary day filled with mundane tasks that healthy people take for granted.

It was very dark by the time I got back home, but home I did get. Thankful for a comfortable safe place to rest my head too.

No comments:

Post a Comment