Tuesday, April 2, 2013

more absconded lily plants...

I was so impressed with my self - getting all those things planted and not having to quit due to misery in my back area. I decided to push my luck. But it seems to be holding up pretty well, so I guess I am doing better than I realized.

I had a little volunteer project to get done after work at the church,, so I conveniently absconded with ten more pot plants. I got them planted this afternoon.  And just called the receptionist to tell her to save me the rest of the ones that were orphaned, so I can go by and get them, to decide where to plant for annual flowering delight.

I also planted a half-dozen fox-glove plants that I started from seed last summer. Surprised that they survived the profound neglect that occurred, while being completely ignored, over the winter, but now that the sun is out, and the days are warm - Fair-weather Friend Me - has been so diligent and devoted. I mixed up this wonderful concoction of potting mix to add to the holes, and got them snuggled in, watered and hopefully well-pampered. The ones from last summer are huge - the package said they might, possibly, may be perennials if planted in the right zone - so I hope I have foxglove forever. With another dozen or so to put in the ground, I am really looking forward to deciding where to plant. I think they are the neatest thing when those tall spikes shoot up and start blooming.

We had about two dozen left over Easter lily plants, when I went to work on Monday, and marked them all down from $5.99 to $1.00 just to help them get good homes. They were all gone in about thirty minutes. But you know me: I'd rather have $free than $pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment