Tuesday, April 2, 2013

planting stuff...

I got home from work about 4:30 yesterday and started digging holes. I had sort of absconded with several Easter lily plants from the dozens dozens and dozens that had been purchased at church, and wanted to get them in the ground. So I got (more than I paid for) planted out in the Easter lily patch, along with several pots of hyacinths that were headed for the dumpster, but still colorful,and will be beauty-full for many springs to come.

And since I was on a roll, planted about 100 wee little spring blooming lily bulbs I had dug up from the lawn last year. Since I discover we are supporting a family of mice (again), this time in the workshop, I need to get anything even remotely edible out of that area. I had lots of bulbs I dug in hopes of selling on craig's list - with marginal success. So decided I would rather see them blooming at my house than give up my 'children' to perfect strangers.

I mixed up a pile of really good dirt, with osmocote, composted material, peat to stir in the sandy-clay mix, and will get more stuff that has been sitting around in pots put out this afternoon - when I get home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment