Tuesday, April 23, 2013

bird-a-bathin'...

I have a big round shallow plastic dish out in the yard, that I try to keep filled with water. It's been sitting out there in the flower bed for a couple of years, and I try to keep it cleaned, and refilled with refreshing drink when I go out and drag the hose around. stuff. But I had never seen anything (other than Lucy the Cat) enjoying it. When I looked out the window late yesterday afternoon, I saw a bright red cardinal happily splashing around, having a wonderful time in the dish, that is now Officially a bird bath.

There are a couple of  shallow dishes, that are really plant saucers out in the front, where all the daisies are still being so gloriously glorious. I occasionally see Lucy drinking here as well, but think the cardinal has found them too, as I noticed perched up on a tree branch above the one nearest the fence. I was  so delighted to see a bird fluttering, flapping, stirring, swishing around in the water yesterday, I went out this afternoon and put more fresh water, hoping to attract others. Since there are lots of cats around, I have been reluctant to put out bird feed, but think there is lots of wildlife that would be attracted to and enjoy fresh water. I will try to take a photo the next time it happens, and get my tech support to install it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment