Wednesday, April 10, 2013

in need of adult supervision here...

It is so completely out of hand, I am thinking of turning myself in. And hope that someone would be willing to put one of those crime-prevention things on my person that keeps one from roaming around. Thinking that it might keep me from going to another garden shop and buying more stuff to plant?

Some of what I accidentally came home with today is more towards the necessary/legitimate end of the scale. Two big bags of cow _ _ _ _ from the hardware store, and a huge bale of peat from the garden shop on the north side of town, to make some really good homemade dirt after adding some time release fert. and some fluffy stuff.. To mix and put in a 'trough'/trench that my handy-dandy shovel wielder will dig.

Hoping someone I have had an ongoing conversation with is going to come and dig up some small azaleas, where they have been struggling across the front of the house. It is a place that gets nearly no direct sun, but west facing, with lots of light. In pondering what might be happy there, I am hoping some plants that are mostly greenery, variegated that might do well in filtered sun will do well. I have had some stuff sitting in pots for over a year, waiting for this place to become their new home: variegated hostas and Solomon's seal.

So: thinking I am ready to proceed, and hope to get it done before it rains in the next couple of days. I have  a full calendar until next Monday: volunteering two days at the plant sale at Botanical Gardens, and on the work schedule for two days. I doubt anyone has every volunteered to be sentenced to 'house arrest', and offered a limb for the monitoring device without being under duress. I think that if it really happened, I'd either go stir crazy, or have the entire yard rearranged with so many plants moved around it would look like the desert movie set of 'Holes'. Or worse case scenario:  take up TV viewing???!! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment