Sunday, March 10, 2013

holy cow!

Actually, what I meant was holy shit - I just found a lizard in my pants.

After you get done falling off the chair from laughing, I will tell you what I know...


I had to work today, made salads  most of the time. And only had an hour to get all the floral freight put out - which was not enough time, so I stayed over an extra hour - just to get it all done. Lately, when I have not gotten the floral stuff taken care of, I think my boss is pretty annoyed that I don't do it, and leave it to be put out the next day - so the choice is either run out of time and not get finished, or stay over and do it. So I was there an extra hour today.

All the while wanting to go home, as it turned out to be pretty, sunny, warm - a nice day to be puttering out in the yard. Which I did, with my clippers, trimming up some stuff in the 'new' bed I planted last spring/summer across the front of the house. It started getting late - crazy time change confusing me about when it is 'really' time to come in, quit for the day - and I came in to throw something together for us to eat. We sat down, and I kept feeling this weirdness in my pants - thinking I must have a bug or something - and reached down in there and found: holy shit, it's a lizard. Who was probably even more surprised than I was to find himself coming out of my pants in the house. Which would have made him Very Surprised, as I was pretty amazed and astounded to discover a reptile in my britches.

I did not look to see if he 'runned oft' when I dropped him on the floor - at this point - he's on his own, and cannot expect another free ride from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment