Monday, June 25, 2018

it was premature...

... for me to even think of invoking murphey's law so early in the day. In the earlier blog when you read the report on how my morning came un-moored, the events of the day caused me to think that It Has To Get Better. Little did I know it would get worse first, making me believe I should go to bed and cover my head with a pillow to provide a cushion when the ceiling caves in.

I got those things previously mentioned accomplished, and was back at  home by 10 o'clock. Where I fully expected to get some household chores completed before I would need to be at an appointment in town at 11:15. Running the washer and dryer, hanging up shirts and pants, getting things organized, feeling like I was being very productive. Being thankful for the marvel of electricity, the wonderful abundance of potable water on demand. Charmed by the delights of modern conveniences like washers and electric dryers as well as the blessing of financial stability/resources to purchase all the laundry detergent I can use.

I got distracted and let the time get away from me (blogging again, huh?) and realized I had only fifteen  minutes to get out the door and on my way to that commitment. Dashing off to jump into my car, only to discover  the keys to the car were left in the house.  And: the key to the house was on the ring with the car keys. Stuck. Plus the weather man said everyone below the gnat line should plan to stay indoors today. Heat index is through the stratosphere. Me thinking: I would love to go inside and sit there where it is air conditioned, cooled by the wonders of HVAC, but I cannot get in the dang-nab-it door.

I have thought numerous times in recent weeks about where to hide a key outside. A place that is easily accessible but not obvious. Some where near the front door for someone to be able to get in should an emergency arise, but not so apparent that casual passers-by will be able to come in and test all the chairs and beds a-la-Goldilocks. We will put our heads together, me and The Man Who Lives Here (also the guy who is worried about.... everything!/how someone could get in if I am away and he needs help) to figure this out. Do not expect the 'solution' to appear here....

No comments:

Post a Comment