Monday, October 14, 2013

working on a Sunday morning...

I was working at Publix on a Sunday morning, like I usually do - until I get around to asking the guy who makes the schedule why it is that I no longer get to church before work. My co-worker for the day was not the usual person I chat with when I make salads. But another employee who occasionally subs, when needed, though she normally is a cashier.

When I asked her 'what's new?' and 'how's your family?', she told me the neatest sweetest story. She said she has been having a Bible study at her house on Wednesday nights, with family members and neighbors attending. Her daughter decided she wanted to be baptized, so my friend M., got the kids' wading pool out and filled it with water. She told me months ago about buying an inflatable pool for the grandkids, and putting it in the carport, so they would not be in the blistering sun and could splash and play all day. After talking to the woman who was coming over to lead the Bible Study each week, she filled the kids pool, and was planning to have an immersion experience.  Not only did she get baptized, but her daughter, and several others: adult children, and grandchildren. There were eleven in all.

I was so delighted to hear the story, and told her so, thanked her for sharing that with me. It would be the sweetest thing, even more memorable than getting baptized yourself, to have daughters, and grandchildren all decide they wanted it too. Plus it happened at her house, where there are so many happy memories already - and now this!

No comments:

Post a Comment