Friday, October 25, 2013

259 miles before breakfast....

I was at my little jobette on Thursday morning, making those tasty salads and delightful fresh-fruit yogurt parfaits so beloved by hungry customers looking for a quick easy lunch. From 8:00 to noon. Being very industrious, trying to get the job finished to leave the store on time.  So I could leave town and underway on another road trip.

I thought I could get my ducks in a row to load up and be ready to go as soon as I left work. But then decided I should dig around and find some more layers, warmer articles before I got too far away. Had to root around to find stuff that was a completely different season from what I had been wearing twenty-four hours before: how sad... If you know you, you needn't ask if I am wearing four shirts and two pairs of socks right now!

Left Columbus about 1:00, spending three hours in the car, traversing south Georgia, enjoying the scenery: trees showing fall colors, wildflowers abloom, wide open fields, looking like freshly fallen snow - acres of cotton, ready for harvest. Most of the fields had been defoliated, plants leafless, ready for the mechanical pickers to sweep through, literally vacuuming the fibers off the stalks. It's obviously cotton ginning time in south Georgia.

Making a bee line for Valdosta, I saw a friend, and family before going to Q-town. Where I arrived in the dark and left before daylight. Fell into bed, to get up and head north towards ATL. Arriving in Decatur around 10:30. Where I found some tasty cinnamon raisin bread to toast for breakfast. Enjoyed  spend several hours with F., lunch, running a few errands before she had to work. I had a plan: going to visit FL the cousin. Had a nice visit, with plenty to talk about.  Since I woke up about 5:30 this morning, to get on the road before daylight, and plan to do that again tomorrow, so it's time for bed!  Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment