Friday, October 19, 2018

down a rathole...

... not a rabbit hole, as when people disappear a la Alice in Wonderland, but a rat-hole. If you pay the least bit of attention to the billboards or other media outlets that advertise the jackpot for the current week of lottery you know it is extraordinarily large. The Man Who Lives Here commented on it recently. Just telling me what a gigantic number the amount has become. I told him if he felt the urge to toss his cash down a rat-hole, he should give it to me,. I assured him I would give it a good home, and promised it would be much more well spent in my hands at the grocery store.

When I carted around small children in car seats we played a game every time we passed a billboard advertising for the state lottery. Talking about what we could do if we were winners. I have yet to purchase a ticket, and do not think they buy them with any frequency if at all. But we still had good entertainment talking about the fun we would have with millions, looking like Scrooge McDuck rolling around in his vault full of sparkling coins, tossing cash in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment