Thursday, August 9, 2012

working ... sorta

I have been working some unexpected hours this week, due to finding myself suddenly in demand as a salad maker and fruit cutter. One of the items in the weekly ad. is something that requires a tremendous amount of labor, so I have had the 'opportunity' of being employed most every day this week.

There were times several years ago, when the economy tanked, that I was hard pressed to have any work. I felt lucky to get four hours a month, just to keep me on the payroll. And more recently a department manager who was so squeezed for best use of labor hours, when I learned to expect to work 1/2 day a week.

And now here I am with so much employment, it is beginning to be 'regular'. It's good to know there is a mostly steady income, but I had gotten so accustomed to being mostly unemployed, it causes me to go to work much more than expected. Which is inconvenient for someone who stays on the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment