Thursday, July 12, 2018

newly crowned drama queen...

... lives here. When driving back from my third trip to south Georgia late yesterday, I got a call from The Man Who Lives Here. He had an urgent report to share: There's A Tree Down in the Driveway! It's Impassable! Danger, Will Robinson! Danger, danger! It's Blocking The Driveway So I Can't Get Out! Emergency!  Help! Crisis! Then said he had called the lawn guy to come right away with a chain saw to remedy the Disaster.

1)  He has a brand-damn new pick up truck that could drive right over the problem.
2) The problem is not a 'tree', but merely a limb.
3) It is not actually in the driveway.

He reported when I got home that he was out there in his little mobility chair, with a tiny little bow saw, attempting to cut it up enough to move, when someone driving down the street stopped, moved it enough to get in and out. I probably could have moved it that much. He was adamant that I could not have dragged it off the asphalt enough to permit passage. I wanted to say: Jeez, Louise! But let him win.

And after he was out of hearing range, called the mow-and-blow guy to say: "It is not an emergency. You do not need to be here tomorrow. Wait until you send a crew to cut the grass, just be sure they have a chain saw to cut up the limb from the sweet gum tree out near the street." And do not tell him you got this from me....

No comments:

Post a Comment