Wednesday, July 4, 2018

it has been a mess...

...but fortunately not in the house. We have been in 'minor turmoil' for several weeks while these doofus guys have been working on the carport. Not precisely a remodel, as it will look like it did before they got started, only newer. Nothing is actually changing, but it will look brand spanking new when they get done. If I don't hurt them and leave bloodstains all over the floor. Which will cause us to have to find a new crew to pressure wash the floor we have already hired the doofus crew to do.

I've not been on the scene while they have been working: so not much in the know as how this project has been inching along. Seems like it has taken much longer than anyone (including the doofus team) expected. They were supposed to scrape the stipple effect off the ceiling and repaint everything. That removal process turned out to be much more complicated than anyone could envision. Man- what a mess. Dust and more dust. I should be happy it did not happen in  my house - or there would most certainly be bodies to be unearthed, hidden in shallow graves in the woods.

The one I have seen shows up around 10:30 several days a week, waiting until mid-morning when the day is as miserably, stinking, steamy hot as possible to get started. Working in a room with virtually no ventilation: closed on three sides and hot as Hades by mid-day. The first day I actually saw him, he wanted to have a conversation, explaining why he was so late getting to work? All about his family drama, with a dad in nursing care who refused to cooperate with staff who wanted to help him with PT, OT, mobility. Demanding to go  home, but unable to manage independently. Mom refusing to help a man who refused to help himself. Much more info. than he should be sharing with a total stranger. As well as 'way more info. than I wanted to know, with all the drama I have in my own personal life.

When I got home from a long stressful day on Tuesday, I commented to The Man Who Lives Here that his carport looks really good. It appears the doofus team has finished the work, even though they left some tools. That carport looks so good, I am reluctant to put all the flotsam and jetsam back that had to be relocated for them to patch, replace, spackle, sand and paint. When I told The Man how impressed I was, noticing that the D-team even painted the three doors leading out of the carport (but not cleaning the windows that are covered with sheet rock dust), I wondered about getting rid of all that excess stuff. Suggesting I could just throw in a lit match, start a fire out there: avoiding having to haul it to the thrift store or up the driveway for the trash truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment