Wednesday, November 19, 2014

what a doofus...

...admitting to doing that same thing - again. I don't know why. Cannot explain it to me, much less anyone else, like someone who would be the boss of me. How it happened that I left the dang mustard off the porkchops again. I made them three times more  on Tuesday. And nary a one even had an opportunity to glance at the mustard bottle.

When I am doing anything to 'prep' meat, I am supposed to take all my supplies and materials on the little cart and drive it all back to the meat department. Go in there (twenty degrees colder than the rest of the store) where they are cutting up dead animals and putting them in Styrofoam trays. Then shrink wrapping the miscellaneous animal parts to present to the buying public and allow people to decide which of the deceased parts they would want to take home and put in their mouths. All that is going on around me, while I am dressing the chops in pecans, salt and pepper. But first they are to be covered with mustard. I don't know why I don't seem to be able to put the mustard on the pig. I can eat it on a hotdog, so why not on the chop? I can't say. But not the first one of those chunks of raw piggy got any mustard before I dunked them, one by one, in the bag that had the crumbed up pecan pieces.

And did not get any salting or peppering either. I can only surmise I was so desperate to get the hunks of meat wrapped up again, so I could beat a hasty retreat from the raw meat area. I have to wonder if I was leaving out vital ingredients in an effort to get me back up to my little kitchen area, removed from the dead animals. I sprinkled on the condiments when I put them in the pan to cook, but they never did get slathered with the mustard. Got lots of compliments anyway, so I can imagine they would have been circling around to get in line again, for a second helping if I'd had the presence of mind to include everything the recipe called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment