Sunday, November 2, 2014

travelin'... (Saturday)

....means covering the greatest distance in the least amount of time: hurtling through the air at great speeds. Leaving VA and returning to GA. (I got to the 'gate' at the airport as they were boarding, and asked someone what was going on, and the mom with the small child said 'families are next', so I just stood right there in the 'family line', and went down the gangway with moms and strollers - letting them all assume I was part of that group. Was that bad?)

My brother went into town mid-morning to get the little two year old, and bring her out to the house: giving him time to play with her, and giving her dad time to get some chores done that were on his honey-do list. She is definitely an interesting, curious, busy person. I clearly recall the day I came home from birthing my second born, and realizing that every little person needs to be accompanied by two adults: one to be on duty and one to be resting for the next shift. I can see  how one little two year old can easily exhaust two capable parents: busy, busy, busy. To say nothing of keeping the two grandparents on their toes. Busy, busy, busy. I know it's all part of the process, experiencing life and experimenting with every thing she sees, learning how the world around her is ordered.

The dad and the Pop-pop came over for lunch. Yummy beef stew and cornbread. Then the dad took the wound-up-but-weary little person  home. I am sure she was asleep in her car seat before they got to the stop sign at the end of the street. And the grandparents probably took a nap as well.

My flight left RIC at 4:05, so I got to the airport and on board. Sitting next to a couple of kids who had been touring Virginia historical sites for two weeks, headed home to Texas.The parents were probably deliberate in their seating, and were several rows away. Uneventful flight, arriving at ATL in a mostly timely manner. I walked the tunnel, underground path back to the terminal, after sitting for most of the day, just needed to use  my legs.

 F. and S. met me with plans to take the Marta back to Decatur. But I suggested we go someplace and eat together.  So we did, which included very slow service. Which caused me to be 10:00 p.m. going to bed. Glad I had that extra time to sleep due to time falling back an hour... or did I?

No comments:

Post a Comment