Friday, November 7, 2014

travelin' north to...

Chattanooga by way of Decatur. This is my once-a-month trip to TN to spend the weekend and get some couch-sitting, giggling, handy-helping with laundry folding, general all-purpose amusement squared away. I had to set the alarm for 4:30, to get myself organized and loaded up so as to get into the metro before traffic got too chaotic on the interstate into Atlanta. Several deliveries to make before I left town, but actually got on the road around 5, which put me into town and off the streets by 7:00.

My plan was to walk the doggies around the neighborhood and then go by to visit my cousin before heading north towards Tennessee. Cousin and I did quiet a bit of commiserating about problems related to the auntie in south GA who is struggling with some tough decisions. And came to no conclusion, other than recognizing that the time is nigh for actually making and acting on the decisions that must get decided upon. Also had plans to stop on the north side of town, up near Marietta to visit a friend from my years at Valdosta State College, when I was taking art classes there. We had lunch and I went on to TN.

Driving north, I observed gas prices steadily going down. Had a report when I got to St. Elmo neighborhood about buying gas for both vehicles at about $1.75 a gallon. They had a good discount on the grocery card, and filled up both cars when they went to the pump, saving over seventy-five cents per gallon. It's always quite a bit less up in TN, I guess due to less taxes imposed by legislature. So I always try to fill up before heading back south.

No comments:

Post a Comment