Monday, November 17, 2014

cooking errors ....

... I will admit to: failing to put the mustard on the porkchops yesterday. Five times. The recipe said to crumb up the pecans, spoon in some cornstarch, and cover the chops with mustard, then dip the meat in the zip bag to coat both sides with the nuts. I had to go back to the meat department to do this, and put the salt, pepper and mustard on my cart, to do all the prep work there. The nuts and cornstarch were in the bag, ready to receive the meat. I can't explain. It was all right there. But every time, I failed to spread the mustard on the chops before dropping them in the zipper bag for the coating part.

I know it would have been messier x5, with the mustard getting all over gloves and inside of bag. But that is just part of it. I just simply forgot. Every time I went to prepare more chops to cook. I can't explain it. But the admiring consumers did not seem to care. I am instructed to share hints with them - suggestions for shortcuts, or things I might have done differently in the cooking process. But I did not admit the first time to the passers-by that I had omitted mustard. So it probably behooves me to not admit it here.

Therefore: you are sworn to secrecy. Please don't blab. If you are one of those two people who have been repeatedly instructed to 'not tell everything you know', I'm not concerned about the info. getting out. But for the rest of you, your mom should have told you that it's not ok to be untruthful, or dishonest, but it is also Not Necessary To Tell Everything You Know.

I have another story that is worse than this = but that is for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment