Saturday, November 8, 2014

travelin' north...part 2

...means that I did not bring enough clothing. I am so in denial about fall and the approach of cold weather, this is the second time in as many weeks I have left home with insufficient wearing apparel. We made a run to wallyworld yesterday, skirting around the base of Lookout Mtn, to go to a little town on the western side of the slope, where there is a Sonic! and a Taco Bell! and a Walmart?

Where I bought a fleece zip-up jacket that was so cheap, it might even be disposable. I will wear it to work, and when it gets so shabby, or has spots on it from bleach spatter, I will likely just put it in the box to donate to the thrift store. We also bought me a couple of pair of footless tights, when I found I had been 'invited' to go along to a zumba class. That should be plenty amusing.

I did not want to expose too much of myself to the un-prepared, so I thought I should have tights or leggings, something that would cover up enough real estate to feel decent. Upon taking the stretchy tights out of the packaging, they look like they might fit my thumb. Fortunately, I am a compulsive saver of register receipts, so this will be returned in short order.

We are headed to zumba. Try not to laugh....

No comments:

Post a Comment