Friday, March 4, 2011

so.... what happen' to spring?

It was gorgeous last weekend: and now the forsythia is in full amazing bloom, looking like a huge mass of teeniest little yellow butterflies hovering between the tree trunks out in the bare woods, brilliantly yellow against the dull grays and browns of bare trees and fallen leaves. And a ba-zillion bulb plants popping up in the leaf mulch that have suddenly brought forth bright blossoms: 'smiley-face' yellow of daffodils, spikes of lavendar, white and pink hyacinths, tiny little demure white bell-shapes of snow-drops...

And weather that will drop down to freezing over the weekend? On the very day that I decided it was safe to retire my wool sox back to the bottom drawer and change over to ankle socks? I had to come home, drag out the warmwoolies and put on another layer just to go for a walk!

I had an unusual 1/2 day of sub. teaching today that I accepted over a week ago, thinking: this will be a cinch. Which it was not. I was the sub. for the para-pro., but the teacher had a sub. also which means they were both leaving school early. And I am thinking: why did the school leave a class room full of kids with a para-sub? I thought they would not leave a classroom 'unattended' with just an aide in there??? sound strange to you too?

No comments:

Post a Comment