Tuesday, March 8, 2011

crazie weather: what seasons is it, really?

Spring? Winter? 34 degrees? 68 degrees? Who knows? Al Gore? Did he invent this nutty weather?

I planted some starts of little English Pea plants about two weeks ago out along the fence in the garden area, hoping they will climb and make some tender peas for me to go out and eat standing in the backyard. The Little Red Hen has no intention whatsoever of sharing if they should produce.

And IF they don't: I have two packets of seeds of English peas I hope I will get planted this afternoon, on this bright, crystal clear blue sky, sunny day. Of course there is that chance that I am planting too late, and they will get hurt from too much heat when the days warm up into the 80's and beyond. Or that I am planting too early, and they won't do anything, like the time I planted carrot seeds and they took two years to decide it was time to grow... out in the garden right now, even though I did not plant the first carrot seed back in the fall - so anything that looks like a carrot has been waiting in the dark, wet cold earth for well over a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment