Thursday, February 3, 2011

forgive me for being so self-righteous, but...

I am so pleased with myself for finally, after over a month of dragging my feet, going to the YMCA and swimming today. I have been riding my towel and suit around in my car for weeks, and somehow not actually getting there: either having a hard time getting going in the mornings, having other commitments during the hours the pool is available for laps, or (most likely) not being willing to take off all the multitidinous layers I wear and strip down to get wet/COLD.

But I went and was not nearly as chilly as I had dreaded/anticipated (after the first shock) and swam laps for nearly 45 minutes. It was good, hard work. After I showered and dressed, I came home and walked three miles, so planning to sleep well tonight.

Have a sub. teaching job tomorrow, and lots of hours on the Floral Shoppe schedule next week due to the approaching 'roses and chocolates' day in mid-February.

No comments:

Post a Comment