Wednesday, February 2, 2011

commuting? to decatur....

I've been to Decatur twice in recent days. I am not actually 'commuting' or even remotely interested in finding any more employment than the occasional/haphazard/sporadic stuff I find myself currently involved with. Though I do have a couple more volunteer positions I will soon be squeezing into my weekly schedule in the near future.... but I will save the telling for another day just to keep you reading here!

The drives to Traffic-snarl-Land were specifically for the purpose of finding Columbia Seminary. The houseguest, Cheryl, had to be there last Saturday to pick up an assignment that is a portion of requirements for Ordination in the Presbyterian Church. She had to answer questions, complete an essay (I think similar to providing enough research and documentation equal writing a sermon), and return the completed paperwork by 9:00 am on Thursday. So we went back today to hand deliver the 15 pages she wrote over the weekend to the proctor who will post all the documents to Louisville before 10:00 tomorrow. I know she is hoping for a good outcome, having taken the same/similar exam twice already, and ready to move on to the next phase of her life.

Had a good lunch with sweet folks, and got back on the road for Columbus by 1:00, home by 3:00, making my neck crunchy from all that driving, and giving me a stress headache from having to pay such diligent attention to loony-tunes drivers.

Too bad I cannot put the little Toyota on auto pilot, and I know people who daily make such a long, brain and backside-numbing drive often think the same thing. It is about the same distance as driving to Valdosta, but I think the misery factor should be adjusted by about 12 to account for having to cope with the twelve or fourteen lanes of whizzing traffic that everyone deals with in the 50 miles surrounding Atlant

No comments:

Post a Comment