Friday, December 3, 2010

south GA update....

Last Tuesday I went to Thomasville to retrieve the incapacitated auntie from the hospital to get her back home to Valdosta. I knew, and common sense would tell anyone who had just had the third back surgery in less than three years (plus two hip replacements, and elbow surgery thrown in for good measure), that you can't get up and dance out the door in less than a week. She was determined to not endure another bad inpatient rehab. experience, and insistent she was going to go home.

I'd called a friend of hers in Valdosta to inquire about someone who would come and stay to help her get mobile again. That 'someone' turned out to be: Joy - what a blessing.

Joy came over Wednesday morning to talk, and I guess kinda 'job interview', and stayed for lunch. So thankfully, blessedly, I left! I think they must be getting along well, since I have not had any reports otherwise. I am so thankful for this person who just literally fell into our laps, and feels like what she does to provide assistance and support for people and families in need is a calling. Thankful she was available, and thankful she has a very high tolerance level for strong-willed, stubborn, highly opinionated women. She said she had worked for a woman who was nearly 100, and did not want any help at all, but the family insisted, and before it was over the woman was crazy about her... I got the feeling from listening to Joy tell her story, this cantankerous woman just felt so loved and cared for she could not resist responding.

.....and I am very thankful...

No comments:

Post a Comment