Sunday, November 28, 2010

results of black friday...

I did not devote my day on Friday to shopping. But did go to Sears on Thanksgiving morning and get a couple of things to give for Christmas... and am currently pondering the liklihood of returning a couple of other things that I am already wondering why I purchased.

I may be a crappy shopper, but I am a great receipt saver.

The in-laws have a system whereby people only get gifts they really want: everyone makes a list, and the lists are posted in some common, prominent location easily accessible. So everyone else can look at the list, and make a note of what they are planning to 'gift' - a great way to be sure you are buying something that the receipient really has expressed a desire for... and I know there are families who have a 'rule' that you cannot purchase anything for yourself (except the occasional desperately needed underwear) after the first of October, while letting others know of things you would like to have.

And the best way to be sure the receipt doesn't disappear, is to securely attach it to the item, thereby avoiding searching, grief, loss, frustration, monumental aggravation.

No comments:

Post a Comment