Wednesday, November 7, 2018

up early...

... and don't know why. It is, I suppose, a combination of the change of time, when my brain has yet to catch up with that adjustment made by 'falling back' from Daylight Savings to what ever is 'normal'... and just not sleeping well. When you have to physically get the clock down off the wall, and turn it over to reset the hour hand because the government made the decision for you: it seems ridiculous. Or get the book out of the glove box and find the page that tells you how to reset the digital numbers on the dash of your vehicle so your eyes don't deceive you every time you check the clock. It is so aggravating... And then there is the part where, after all the clocks are reset, you can start griping about how it gets dark soooo early in the evening.

But you will most certainly be out of step with the rest of the nation and society in general if you don't make the shift on all your time pieces. It just takes much longer for your brain to adjust to that change. Possibly due to the reduced levels of some chemical the brain is supposed to manufacture: not having been reset for sending out messages to say 'don't get up, no reason to jump out of bed!' I expect to get up early on days I have to be at work before daylight, walking in the door ready to jump in at 5 or 6 a.m.

But on days when there is nothing demanding in my life, it would be a treat to turn over and go back to sleep, get a bit more rest before starting daily activities. I could read, and stay in that nice warm space for hours - but there is the Guilt Factor: you are not being productive when there are always chores that should be accomplished.

I've got little things on  my calendar for the rest of the week, but nothing major: doctor's appt. with spouse, lunch date with a friend, odds and ends that don't take up the whole day. Work has been so slow, I have finished with the little bit of schedule  for the week, leaving me sort of at loose ends as I was only assigned ten hours. Odd to find that labor hours have been so reduced as we barrel into the holiday season, a time of gluttony and increased sales in retail grocery business. I know it will pick up, and can expect plenty of paid employment in the upcoming days and weeks... as well as a few pounds from consuming things I should not be putting in my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment