Friday, November 30, 2018

tomorrow...

... is the first of December: where did the year go?! Though the square on my calendar for Saturday was already pretty full with volunteering opportunities, I will get up early and go put in several hours at work before starting in on the things I had actually planned to do. Someone at work called to report a small problem that will require a replacement on Saturday. Even though I had requested the day off to tend to my 'time donation', I offered to go to work to try to make a few more hours for the week that starts on Saturday morning.

The volunteering  job consists of showing up with my scissors and pipe-cleaners/stems to tie bows. It amuses me so much, I should be paying them to be allowed to come and put on a 'bow-show'. I cannot explain why the process is so enjoyable - I just like to tie bows. Maybe because I know it is a skill, and I don't have many/much in the way of accomplished talents. The local botanical gardens has been offering  a workshop on a Saturday in early December for several years, for people to come and make a fresh Christmas-smelling greenery wreath. Lots of different types and textures of greenery available to sort through, study, look at and decide upon to make a holiday decoration for your front door, or possibly over the mantel inside your home. I will go and tie, tie tie-tie bows to go on the wreaths for the participants to add to their decorations.

And stick around in the afternoon when more volunteers will show up to help decorated the farm house for the season. Prior to Open House on Sunday afternoon, when there will be seasonal music, cookies and vendors displaying their wares for purchase. All this after going to work for five hours....

No comments:

Post a Comment