Friday, May 18, 2018

flying the friendly skies...

... was what I did a lot of during the first few months of the year. A number of trips from Atlanta to Richmond, most of which were at full price, though a couple were discounted thanks to the friend who retired from many years of service as a Delta flight attendant. There have not been enough reasons for air travel over the years to pursue the benefits of being a Frequent Flyer. But after all the travel since early January, I thought it wise to pursue getting credit for miles between GA and VA.

Sadly, those trips taken as a 'stand-by' have no value towards accumulated benefits. I assume due to the greatly discounted price paid to spend hours at the gate, being antsy, hoping for an empty seat before they close the door. You would think all that time I stood around hopping from one foot to the other, pacing to and fro, being anxious, with a belly in general turmoil, hyper concerned about finding an empty seat would count for something?

I tried to re-trace my flights, and send in documentation to get credit for miles flown. In the process of trying to recall when I went, and what I was doing months ago, I see the importance/value of keeping up with boarding passes. Hanging onto scraps of paper that appear worthless, but very necessary to have those numbers in order to re-trace your travels.  I hope the very costly tickets for multiple trips to VA in recent months will accumulate some benefits, and eventually provide a discount for future fun. I can be packed on very short notice and have my toothbrush ready to go at any time. Ready to ride on a moment's notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment