Wednesday, April 25, 2018

driving south today...

... to make a run to Valdosta. I have not seen the auntie in weeks, plus she has a dr. appointment today. I changed this from a couple of weeks ago, when I went to VA and knew I could not get her to the follow-up appt. Even though the facility where she lives will provide transport, I always try to get there to take her to anything medical. They are really good about taking her when needed, but if I don't go along, I do not know what transpires when she meets with medical personnel.

It is sad to think/know the auntie is not lucid enough to be a reliable source of information, while still being so conversant that she would answer any question posed with a response that might seem perfectly sensible. But she has absolutely no short term memory, and while giving the appearance of being perfectly capable, she simply cannot mind her own business. Meaning someone needs to be available to tend to her business for her. That would be me.

A friend drove with me the last time I went to Valdosta, so I could bring the auntie's car back and try to sell it. It has been sitting at her house for probably a year - at one point the battery was so dead, I had to get it towed to the dealer, where a new one was installed. I know the car ages each day (just like the rest of us!) and felt I should be making an effort to get the maximum amount of value for it by finding a buyer. It sat out on the street in front of my house with hundreds of passers-by seeing it each day, and only got a couple of nibbles. Two people were interested enough to come and drive - but nothing even close to a sale.

Drove it in to town so I could leave it in front of a business situated on a very busy street yesterday, with a 'for sale' sign in the window, and hope it might do better there. I am guessing there has been  no serious interest due to the price, but I have a concern that there will be questions from probate court if I reduce the asking price too dramatically. Even so, if it sits on the street where thousands pass by every day without a good response, I will lower the price. Knowing as I do that we are all aging, along with our vehicles, getting more miles added on each day...

No comments:

Post a Comment