Thursday, April 12, 2018

cheatin' songs...

...on the country/western radio station come to mind when I am motivated to make a confession.  Believing I should own up before the time comes when I get caught in a situation where the cops come into the interrogation room and give me the 'third degree'. I will go ahead and admit to having the feeling of cheating on my BFF by going to Taco Bell without her.

People in their church family have been very thoughtful, dependable and generous providing meals on a regular basis over the weeks they have been in need. Signing up on a rotating basis to deliver delicious eats twice a week to relieve some of the stress of care giving. I've done my best to be helpful by eating leftovers and consuming home cooked meals as often as possible: one of those things that could be classified (with a smirk) as a 'dark and dirty job, but someone has to do it'. Most of which has been excellent - pretty much my opinion about anything I do not have to prepare myself.

But today, just for a change of pace, we decided to get take-out and I made a run several miles down the road to a newly completed Taco stand. So new, in fact. that they have not marked the lines for parking lot on the newly pressed asphalt. With customer service people who are so freshly trained, they don't know where all the buttons are on the screen to punch in orders. Causing confusion and panic when I came along and order something they had never heard of when required to memorize the menu.

If I were at home, the Bell is The Place my friend PC and I consistently go when we think it is time to meet and talk. Which we do on a regular basis when we have news or concerns to share, things we need to confess or talk about, solve the problems of the world over tray full of ninety nine cent tacos.  I'm feeling badly that I went to the Taco store and did not meet PC, as she is the most best taco eating friend in  my life. A sneaky thing for me to do, as well as unpardonable of me to unwrap tacos without her presence. Trying to justify away my guilt with the knowledge that they were not eaten there on the premises, but put in a bag to take back to the house and eat off paper plates.

I have a poor but hopeful theory about personal mishaps: if there are no witnesses, it didn't really happen. In the way people have dreamed up additions to Murphy's Law, another consideration is: If You Don't Confess, They Won't Know You Are Guilty. Meaning I just won't tell her I have been to Taco Bell and she did not get invited. All well and good until someone goes without inviting Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment