Monday, January 14, 2013

too early for bed just yet...

I am ready for bed, but know it is too early. If I go now, and should immediately fall asleep, that would mean it's time to get up and start doing things at about 3 a.m., which would cause me to do this again tomorrow night.

I woke up about 5:00, and got up at 6:00 because I had to be at work at 7:00. I usually am on the schedule to work four or five hours on Sunday - coming in as soon as I get out of church, around 10:30 and leaving at four or five or when ever I get the job accomplished. Some days it is all in the floral department, some days it is nothing but prep.work in the produce department. Today it was a bit of both, with me struggling to get it done in the four hours I was allotted on the clock.

I haven't quite figured out how the department manager did it - but it appears that I am working more days and fewer hours. In recent weeks, it has been  consistently three days a week, and totaled up to be 19-20 hours. This week the days are more, and the hours are less: which obviously means I am getting dressed to go clock in and work four or maybe five hours on a day. Which makes it pretty difficult to plan to do anything else, when that big chunk of time is taken out of the middle.

But then, on the other hand, as we all know, if one does not put in the employment effort, one does not get paid. And, sad to say, we don't live in a barter-based society, so it takes more and more cash to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment