Thursday, January 24, 2013

tech. discussion for the technically simpleminded...

There has been on-going conversation here for several weeks about technology. Kinda funny, as I readily admit to being about 98% ignorant of anything to do with tech.equipment or skills. Old, not particularly funny joke, about being dragged kicking and screaming into the Information Age... like the cartoons of stone-age people where one is trudging along with a club over one shoulder, and the recently clubbed individual being pulled along by a hank of hair. That would be me, having been thoroughly beaten down by those who are more adept and knowledgeable.

The discussion is about wireless signals. I don't understand how: if he gets wi-fi on his phone, and I know he does, as it follows him around everywhere like a friendly puppy, why I can't have it on my desk top computer. He says the cell phones are actually radios sending and receiving signals to radio towers or into space (makes one think about the photos of people from the 1950's wearing aluminum foil helmets to keep the government from inserting unwanted stuff into their brains?)

Does he just  not want to share? More likely, I don't have the ability to fully grasp the intricacies of the situation, to fully understand why this computer can't have wireless too. He says the desk top computer too old - I say he is too old.

No comments:

Post a Comment