Wednesday, January 19, 2011

So... how was that little jobette?

I did my first of three days as a sub. teacher for Kindergarten class today. I expected that it would be a fairly laid back event, since the para-pro. who knows the kids, their quirks and class schedule would be there to maintain order and consistency. Then when I got there, discovered that in addition to the Aide who has obviously been doing this work for a very long time, there was also a student teacher from CSU education program in the classroom. So yes, it was a very agreeable day. And since I have two more days of it for this week, will look forward to the entertainment. And hope that the two days I already have lined up at a different school for next week will not be so bad that I will think I need to retire from my piece-meal, part-time day-labor work.

I like little people: they are fun and funny. It made me wonder for a few minutes (very few) why I did not persue the occupation. But I quickly recovered my sanity. Though I am thankful for the work and pay that I will eventually receive (payroll lags about eight weeks behind the actual work), I am very thankful that I do not need employment.

I stopped by Publix yesterday to check on that (lack of) work, and as I expected, found myself on the schedule there for several days in the next couple of weeks. The closer it gets to Feb. 14, the more likely it is that I will suddenly find myself 'in demand'...and then likely fall completely out of favor soon after when my popularity plumets...

No comments:

Post a Comment