Friday, January 14, 2011

Heart day: a month a way...

When I was a Publix yesterday (the first day I was on the work schedule since 12-26) I told MF that Valentines day was only a month away, and he'd better get crackin' on getting all the red and white frou-frou out of the closet and fluffed up to re-arrange in an artful manner that would cause it to Not look recycled...

I had a substitute teaching job today, that I found as a result of waking up at 5:00, getting up at 5:30 and calling the SubFinder (that never sleeps), looking for a job. I went back down to the school where I was a sub. for the teacher's aide on the last day before Christmas break: discovered I was in the same classroom with that funny teacher who had her flannel pajamas on right before they got out for the holidays (wear-your-pj's-to-school-day, unbeknowst to me). So when I walked in the room and we finished laughing at each other, I asked what kind of craft project she had planned for today.

Having finally recovered from her last 'project' of smearing cake icing on 1/2 pint milk cartons and 'gluing' on graham crackers to make Gingerbread houses, I figured I could handle most anything she could dream up and dish out. So today we mixed Elmer's glue and shaving cream from an aerosol can to make 'snow' that they ladled generously on posterboard cut-outs for snowmen. Actuallly looked pretty good, after adding black punched-out construction paper dots for eyes, mouths and buttons, plus the scarves, mittens and hats I cut out from colored paper. I told before I left that I was pretty sure her para-pro. knew what she had planned, and that explained why she called herself in sick today.

It was funny, messy, and we had a good laugh over the fact that I told her back in December that I thought she was completely Fearless to attempt those 'gingerbread houses' with that crowd that was already hyper due to anticipation of Santa, so if she was 'game', I reckoned I was too.

I already have three sub. teaching days lined up for next week, and two more before the end of the month. If Publix don't want me, I'll just find someone who does!

No comments:

Post a Comment