Sunday, February 7, 2010

This week will be busy...

I usually have lots of blank pages on my calendar from week to week, but will be working several days at Publix this week, building up to the day of 'Chocolates and Roses' next Sunday. I actually went in today, (my feets are very much out of practice for the part where you are on the go for hours on end) and worked in the Floral Shoppe for the first time in months. The front end manager has been pretty good about trying to keep me from getting dropped out of the system by having me come in one day a month and work for several hours, just to be clocking in and out, so the computer would not delete me.

I was hoping with new produce manager I would be working at least part time for several days leading up to Heart Day. But he is being even more generous (or possibly just careful/covering his bases),so I expect to work the last half of the week, and a couple of days next week, since the 'xxxoooxxxooo' day falls on Sunday. MF will be off on Monday to recuperate (and I will likely clean up the mess).

I normally get calls several days a week to substitute teach, that I think often occur because most people who want to do the 'day labor' work are not willing to go into classrooms as a 'para-pro'/aide because the pay rate is less than working as a teacher. So they limit their employability, as I do when I refuse to go into middle/high schools and do battle. But I have the opinion that getting work at $65 a day is better than staying home/no pay, so I don't have a problem with second-in-command position and being the one Not held responsible for well-being and training of small mammals.

With the Publix work coming up, and knowing the weekend will be otherwise occupied, I don't plan to accept any of the sub. calls: my last deposit from MCSD for subbing about once a week was for a whopping $131... So I guess I should block the sub-finder from looking for me at 6:00 a.m. every morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment