Monday, November 30, 2009

Leftovers 'orphans'

You know how you used to hear about people who would decide they did not want to be pet owners, and take puppies when they got grown and past 'cute' out and dump them? Or cats when they would reproduce excessively and just leave a litter of kittens by the roadside to face certain death? Folks who leave unwanted domesticated animals out in the country, to fend for themselves: That's Not me, but I do have a confession to make...

When I went to Florida on Friday, I took the pumpkin pie I knew No One here needed to eat, and left it. Not exactly abandoned alongside the road, but hopefully found a 'good home' with a caring family. I did not precisely open the door and shove it out, drive off in a cloud of dust, saying 'good riddance', but admit to somewhat drastic measures to try to whittle down the temptations of Remains of the Day. And am sure that the adoptive family will be very caring and compassionate. (Thanks: D, R, S, W & P for hospitality, and kindness by 'taking in' orphaned pie.)

The recipe is not necessairily what might be considered nutritious, but is so close to 'healthy eating' I took a copy to share with the group when I went to WW on Sunday aft. If you are careful with your shopping, it is mostly air, and does have quite a bit of 'fiber'. Should you want more info., available upon request! Or just come by at Christmas, when I am sure I will be repeating by request.

1 comment: