Friday, November 27, 2009

11-27-09 Leftover Thankfulness

So: thankful for what?
Family,
Health,
All that stuff that goes along with citzenship and the constitution.
People in the military who have served in the past, for well over two hundred years, and the ones who serve today.
Really thankful for American history.

Being Cheerfully Unemployed: Though I worked a big eight hours at Publix this week, as a bagger-geezer doing carry-out two mornings. When they called to ask if I could work, I thought it would be nice to make some pocket change, but said 'four or five hours on my feet is all I can tolerate', so I got 2 four-hour shifts - and it was just about all my feet could tolerate!

Thankful for a holiday that celebrates Thankfulness: I had invited a number of singles to come and have lunch... and was pleasantly surprised to have two accept. Aa couple of friends responded with interest, calling to say they would like to come and have turkey with us: so...

Thankful for friends too! It was good to see you and enjoy eating and visiting Ann and Linda.

Thankful for all the ones who were invited and did not come, since they obviously had other people, family close by to enjoy visiting and eating with. So to all those who did not show up: we missed seeing you, and I am appreciative of the gift of friendship.

Thankful for a full fridge: Do you want to stop by for leftovers? (just a joke - I have already 'farmed' most of it out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment