Friday, February 8, 2013

really misplaced as a sub. teacher...

On the first day that I had work as a sub. teacher for this year, it was all irony. If it had not be so thoroughly unlikely, it would be laughable. A job that had been on the calendar since back before Thanksgiving, when I got the request from an elementary school admin. assistant who was trying to book sub. workers for teachers to go to a training/workshop.

Actually the second of two sub. days, the first one I accepted and completed back in the fall, and the second day was on Thursday. What makes it so outlandishly amusing is that I was responsible for the computer lab. The position was assigned and accepted on the assumption that I would be 'assisting', not knowing that what would really occur is that I accidently got tagged as 'it' when I walked in the front door of the school. Even though I had made a note that the day would have something to do with technology, it sounded like I'd just be there to help out.... Fortunately, every class that came in, from first grade kids completing reading assignments by taking tests on their books, to fourth graders working on research projects, the groups were accompanied by teachers or para. pros who kept everyone on task. When the inevitable problems arose, there was some one available to resolve the issues - and that someone was definitely not me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment