Friday, February 3, 2012

on the road (a whole lot) again...

Having just gotten back from a round trip this afternoon to Americus, 75 miles each way, I am ready to confess: Tired :-( Obviously a result of all the flapping and dancing around that accompanies burning one's candle at both ends while trying to find a place in the middle to hang on, as one gets covered with hot dripping candle wax.

I was in Decatur for the day two weeks ago tomorrow, (driving up and back that same Saturday) celebrating with the self-promoting Birthday gal. And went back this week, to-ing and fro-ing (at least that one was an overnight trip) when I went to visit my pen-pal in South Carolina. In between all that, I spent a day and a half in south GA providing transportation and assistance to my auntie in Valdosta when she had scheduled cataract surgery.

I had not factored Valdosta in my travel plans or probably would not have chosen last weekend to go to Chattanooga to visit. But I did go and go and go.And hope I won't be going any place that involves buying another tank of gas (especially now that it is $3.49 here. - though I found some in TN last weekend for $3.18, and some in Americus for $3.40 today.)

I expect to be working my part-time, off-and-on, minimal/marginal employment Publix gig for several days before Feb. 14, and if my calendar is  not swamped with volunteer 'opportunities' next week, will try to get in a couple of days of sub. teaching. The only thing that keeps me going back to sub. work is when I remind myself that it is only for 6 1/2 hours - and I think I can tolerate most anything that long...plus the fact that I don't depend on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment