Saturday, September 8, 2018

book review: tales by Sue Grafton...

... are stories that feature a female PI named Kinsey Milhone. She appears in a  number of books by this author, who has written a series featuring different letters of the alphabet. There is "D is for Deadbeat" and "J is for Judgment", the two I read when I drove to south Georgia earlier this week. I try to have talking books in the car when traveling, and stopped by the library on Tuesday just before heading out on the road. Having read, or listened to a number of stories by Grafton, I feel like I know Kinsey personally, and sure to enjoy helping her deduce 'whodunit'.

'Deadbeat' was published in 1987, and 'Judgement' in in 1983, so they have been around awhile.  I vaguely recall someone doing an interview with the author asking what her plans were when she got to 'Z', but don't know what the response was - I guess she had not expected to get that far? Kinsey tells the stories, so they are all written in the first person. She was in law enforcement in the small southern California town where she lives for several years prior to self-employment. There are always bodies that appear and mysteries to be solved.

Easy light reading, entertainment while traveling. I put a Cd in when I started driving, and had completed both books (3 discs each) by the time I got back to town. I have enjoyed quite a few in the series in no particular order, so there are still some left to pursue, suss out the bad guys. If I can just figure which letters I have not yet read!

No comments:

Post a Comment