Saturday, July 28, 2012

still walking, walking, walking....

I've been getting up early and trying to walk every day before it gets hot, hot, hottest... and doing the miles. But it is so stinking hot so early, there's no way to beat the heat. Even on the days I have to work and know I will be on my weary footses for hours, I still get up and put in a couple of miles in the neighborhood.

Got up and did the two mile loop this morning, and cooled off before having to go to work for 1/2 day. It's been interesting wearing a mile-counter. I had been guesstimating most of the distance, judging by how long I am out, usually plodding along for an hour.

I have started my mile counter when I go to work.  I am not at all surprised to see that I can walk two, or even three, if I am there long enough, when I am on the clock. My tired footses are all the proof I need, so I knew I was walking half way to the moon, even if it was all inside Publix.

On days when I get waylaid and do not get out on the street before mid-morning, I have been several times to walk the loop in the mall. I would rather be out-of-doors than inside, but go when it's too hot to be pounding the sidewalk mid-day. Discovered that the long, circuitous route I take doing all the ins-and-outs in air-conditioned comfort through the big department stores is more than a mile, so doing it twice is just over 2 1/2 miles. But don't even think about doing it on the weekend. What a mob!

I went to the library to re-stock my talking books and have a fresh supply to listen to when I get up and get going, with CD player in hand. Walking, walking ,walking walkingwalking.....

No comments:

Post a Comment