Saturday, April 9, 2011

I seem to have done it again....

I was recently giving myself a little 'talking to': saying ' you need to quit burning your candle at both ends' and 'how much longer do you think you will be able to run up and down the road all the time without falling over from exhaustion?' I.... had to go get my calendar to look back over the week and try to establish what is was that kept me so busy? 


Mon: with the Betts' counting boxes and bins as they came off the Mayflower (truck).
Tues: going with T.P. to two dr. appts, plus a swim at the Y.
Wed: buying/planting annuals at St. Luke UMC Respite Care and a non-credit class at Cont. Ed.
Thur:  swim at Y, class on container gardening and a fish-fry/quartet concert/Bible dramatization.
Fri: to Decatur to plant a gazillion (heisted) daffodil bulbs at Eleanor Dr., lunch with family, pawnshop.
Sat: Publix 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, lasagna with Betts.

One of the reasons I have been talking to myself about the candle situation is I was so exhausted from getting up at 4:30 and driving to Decatur, spending the morning digging holes and trying to leave town before the other two million people there got on the road: came in the house and went straight to bed.  I knew I needed to make the lasagna for the people to come eat for supper tonight, but was so tired I had to go lay down before I could get up and put the casserole together.

Maybe I will do better in June?

P.S.:Thanks to the solver of the (arrggghhh) problem in the blog. I've been back and edited two of the long, exhausting, strung-together narratives that did not have paragraphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment