Thursday, October 21, 2010

the weekend... past and future...

All last weekend I was up in the woods of Harris County, serving on the Emmaus Walk as a 'worker bee'. I have worked several times in the past, but this was my first turn on the Worship Committee, which I deliberately angled for so I could do their floral work. It was little actual action, and lots of sitting and chatting- which could either be very dull and boring, or interesting opportunities to get to know people with whom you have Emmaus in common. It was pretty interesting for me... making connections. Plus it was a beautiful fall weekend, and I slipped away every day to walk my miles out on a quiet peaceful country road enjoying the sunshine, fall leaves, sneezing, sniffling, dripping my way along....

And I am going back again today. Having re-enlisted to assist with the floral preparations, so I know I will be there two days. Sneezing, snorting, blowing....

But will be going to Warner Robins on Saturday to visit with some of Paul's neices and their families. We went back in the summer, taking the houseguests who had not seen their relatives in years, and want to go again before they move on into the next phase, where-ever that might take them. We are hoping the nephew who lives in Augusta will be there as well.

So I will enjoy a couple of days of peaceful retreat in the pine-y woods of Harris County, and meeting, building relationships with other worker-bee/fellows who willingly give up their weekend to provide the 'behind the scenes' support and work that makes these weekends such amazing opportunities, so rewarding and enlightening for the pilgrims on their journey.

1 comment:

  1. i love emmaus. believe it or not i am really involved in the coastal ga chrysalis and journey ((emmaus for high school and college age)) its such an amazing experience-- going AND serving. :) loved hearing aboutyour weekend!

    ReplyDelete