Thursday, October 21, 2010

walking for those who can't... and remembering...

I am planning to participate in the Alzheimers' Association Memory Walk fund raiser again this year here in Columbus. It will be Uptown in Columbus on Oct. 30 (but I am sure there are lots of them being held all over the country during the official Month of Remembering. In addition to being a walker, I hve also made a donation to the St. Luke Respite Program group as a memorial for Choppy.

If you would like to send a memorial gift to fund research for Alzheimers, I would love to have you make a contribution to the team of walkers who will be participating from the Respite program where Choppy was an amusing additon to the group, and attended for several years while she was living here.

Please send your donations to:
St. Luke Respite Care,
Attn: Carol Boers,
PO Box 867
Columbus, GA, 31901
on the 'memo' line, please indicate: St. Luke Strollers.

(I am going to add a post-it note that will also let them know that my gift should be designated as a memorial for Choppy Fluker.)

I took my donation on Wednesday, and they talked about Choppy, remembering what a delight she was, her sense of humor and her facial expressions even when she got past being conversant, how much they enjoyed her being a part of the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment