Thursday, October 15, 2009

your first serving of 'soup'

I have enjoyed reading the news from Chattanooga, the blog of Stinky Sweet (mostly the ONLY way I get info. from TN that is not 'fowarded' from an un-named source), and have been badgering the author to: 'teach me, teach me!!!'
Well, here we are: me writing, and you reading. I am hoping to come up with some major (or minor) philosophic points for us to ponder, but they will likely not be particularly profound.
When the author of StinkySweet was here last weekend, I was pestering her about needing 'tech. support'. She said I first had to come up with a name/title for my blog. So: I am sure the book about 'Stone Soup' was required reading for eveyone who checked out books from their elementary school library.
When you think about the story, you realize it was a demonstration of how we can accomplish great things when we just put a little cooperative effort into reaching goals. You also might consider that the people in the village inadvertently, unintentionally, accidently provided for others when they made contributions to their own betterment (as in serving a Greater Good). And then you may even think: hmmmm, what they basically did was to 'make something out of nothing'.... which is actually what I am thinking may happen here...

7 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you're posting now. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohooo...check you out! you followed my directions and i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you! A facebook account and now blogging? I don't even blog!

    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice layout! :) Glad your blogging..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stone soup day was always my favorite day back in my teaching days. Lots of things to think about... just like your writings in letters and now on the net!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my word, none of my posts even get 5 comments. I should have never passed the info to my prodigy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yesssss! you blog. im excited. :)

    ReplyDelete