Sunday, June 20, 2010

still getting organized...

You've seen the photos of the 'new'ness. After it got started, I belatedly wished for the forethought to take 'before' photos, but all I have is ones where the interior of the house is just background and the 'sleepyheads' are the center of attention from Christmas long past, so failed to really document the process.

There are still boxes, mostly due to the fact that I do not stay at home long enough to get everything sorted. There are not as many, and they are not stacked in precarious piles everywhere, but there are things I have not found and hope they did not get accidently donated. In the rush of trying to stay ahead of the painting, lots of things got pulled down off walls and shelving and jammed into containers in a sadly haphazard fashion, to mysteriously vanish. I've been hoping to get Nancy Drew in to solve the mystery, but can't even locate the detective, much less solve the 'case of the disappearing pictures'.

When asked what in particular I like best about the renovation, now that the dust has literally settled for the last time, I think it's really not anything: but everything. The freshness of feeling like a new house, while knowing it is the same nest I have been in for over 28 years... hard to explain how it can be 'new' and sameold-sameold at the same time... but if you come to visit, you can see for yourself! I am going to get new doormats, so you are welcome to come inspect and see for yourself anytime: the front door is still red and you are invited!

No comments:

Post a Comment