Friday, December 25, 2009

Counting Blessings

Though the things I am thankful for are too numerous to actually enumerate, there are lots of reasons...
Waking up knowing both my girls are here, under the same roof.

Francina and roommate Frannie came down from Decatur yesterday, early afternoon. (Then the crazy people went shopping: had a last minute project that caused them to get out in the worst traffic in town... better them than me: since I had not even started gift wrapping and could not put it off any longer.) We had pizza and went to an early church service at 4:00.

A good problem to have is that our congregation has gotten so big, we cannot all meet at one time. We normally have two services on Sunday morning, and there was such a crowd for Christmas Eve last year, we would not all 'fit'. I guess the planners were hoping the early rising crowd on Sunday mornings would be the early shift for Christmas Eve, but there was not an empty seat in the house at 4 o'clock, and expect the 6 o'clock was full too.

Paula had to work till 5:00, so it was after 6:00 before they left TN, and got here about 10:00, reporting it rained hard the whole way. But they (including the Gwen, the wonder dog) arrived safely... and we continued the 'tradition' Francina insisted upon of opening a gift before bed.

I apparently over-estimated the size of the stockings hanging on the mantle, and have 'way more stuffers than will actually 'stuff', so I can either get out the tape and wrapping paper again, or just give it to them in the K-mart bag. But I Will be able to walk into the closet not stumble over over-flowing bags of stuff becasue they are taking it All with them

We are here. Together. I am thankful.
Even in the dark outside, and I am pretty sure it is still raining buckets:
'I know the sun is shining, the sky is blue, and God is good.'
Right here in the wee hours of Christmas morning, waiting for dawn in the season of hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment