Saturday, December 26, 2009

bread on the water works!

'Cast your bread upon the water'... then something along the lines of it will come back to you multiplied? ...sounds Biblical, but don't know the precise location:
I'm sure we could 'google-it' and get chapter and verse. But my interpretation (totally unqualified scholar that I am with things from 2000 + years ago) is that the good you do comes back... maybe not in ways you expected, but the 'secret' to That is to Not Expect.

So: A Big 'Thankyou' to all the people who thought we had fallen off the edge of the planet (like those ancient maps from the 1500's where the cartographer would note 'there be dragons here' when they got to completely uncharted territory, whole oceans and continents 'undiscovered' by the WASP population). I had not sent out holiday greetings in a couple of years to lots of folk I used to be so connected with, who somehow got dropped from regular (if infrequent) communication.

The investment in copying and postage paid off. Paul has enjoyed hearing from people who have called to say 'it was sooo good to get your family news...'

Wish I had been smart/forward thinking enough to include a phone number and email address with the annual Sanders Family Gazette, since the world (specifically daughters) largely left me in the dust with their ability to communicate electronically... I don't do the text thing: Man! How Tedious!

But I do want to hear from folks and promise to send 'friendly letters' (remember eighth grade letter writing exercises?) and cards, notes to those who will make the effort to keep in touch... for the rest of you... just keep reading the blog...

1 comment: