Sunday, May 13, 2018

an ode to daughters ...

... because without them I would not be a mom. If I may beg your forbearance, a little bit of sentimental foolishness directed at the dearest family and friends. For the people I most cherish who also happen to be the few who will check in here on a semi-regular basis. Just thinking of the peeps in my life who bring me joy.

I am well aware of the fact that we are approximately halfway between last Christmas and the next one. Meaning you should disregard the part about December holiday, and adjust your thinking to see the following as something without seasonal aspect.Look at it for the positivity and encouragement it expresses.

I read it on a sampler my sister-in-law has hanging on her wall. Lots of other cross-stitch samplers hanging up in the same place, with most having some reference to Christmas. They are all intricate and beautifully done, tedious work that I would never attempt. I know how demanding and time consuming the needle work can be after a couple of small things I did many years ago that brought my cross-stitch career to a screeching halt soon after it got underway.  I can appreciate the art, skill, patience and effort of anything so laborious made but especially appreciate the sentiment of the words that follow.

"I am thinking of you today because it is Christmas, and I wish you happiness, and tomorrow because it will be the day after Christmas, I shall still wish you happiness, and so on clear through the year. I may not be able to tell you about it every day, but that makes no difference; the thought and wish will be here just the same. Whenever joy or success comes to you it will make me glad."
                                                                                                                                   ~ H. Van Dyke

Wasn't that sweet? Don't you wish you had written it? Don't you want such good things and sweet kind thoughts for all the dearest people in your life?

1 comment: