Sunday, August 29, 2010

last night

I persuaded a friend to go with me at midnight to the Country's BarBQue 5K fundraiser for the Visually Impaired here in the mid-town area.

No - we did not run 3.1 miles.

Yes, we did walk, and Yes, we did finish: in just under an hour. About the time I had expected, as I knew if I was not 'lollygagging' along, I can walk a mile in about twenty minutes.

And yes, I am tired, since I finally went to sleep about 2:30, after getting home about 1:30, and woke up 'way too early!

The highest race number I saw pinned on a shirt was 2350, and I expect there were about half that many more on the race-course, who did not register but were out there milling around and doing the race. It has become a real 'event' and was general chaos, probably for several hours before and after the event. I think the fastest of the runners must have finished in about 15 (or less) minutes, (well before we got the first mile completed) and am pleased to announce there were people 'way much slower than us, who were still straggling toward the finish line when we got in the car and left the scene well after 1:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment